Redfoot Electric ‘Stabilisation’ for Caravans
Custom designed electric stabilisation solutions with manual remote control operation to suit most Caravans.
Gone are the days of manually winding down stabilisation legs. Relax, have a beverage and from the comfort of your camp chair, lower the stabilisation legs with your remote control!
The Redfoot Caravan Stabilisation system is the perfect solution for lower clearance caravans at an affordable price. Redfoot Levelling have done all the work for you, by custom designed we mean the Redfoot stabilisation systems include:
1. Custom Brackets that are designed specifically to bolt and attach to the Caravan Chassis. No welding required!
2. Powered from a 12volt DC Battery to drive four 12-volt DC brushless motors to extend and retract four steel stabilising legs.
3. DIY plug n play wiring harness kit
4. Custom bolt sets that facilitate perfect alignment of all systems parts.
In addition to these custom designed features, all Redfoot Caravan Stabilisation systems come with:
• Remote control manual operated keypad
• Complete with central wireless control unit
• All control harnesses included
• All necessary mounting brackets and hardware suitable for RHS chassis rails
• DIY Installation manual or have a Caravan workshop, or any workshop fit the system.
Check out these benefits of the Redfoot Caravan Stabilisation System:
• Reduces setup time, be level in minutes
• Prevents van rocking and motion
• Light weight system only weighs 57kg supplied with U-channel bracket
• Great lifting capacity of up to 2000kg, can be used to level caravans below 2000kg GTM
• No more bending down to manually deploy your stabiliser legs
• Eliminates caravan lean with slide outs
• Simple to operate using wireless remote keypad
• Convenient, push button operation
• Low profile for maximum clearance when travelling
• Standard with manual override feature
It is no wonder the Redfoot Caravan Stabilisation System has quickly become the number one choice for Caravan owners. Utilising four electric motorised legs, the Redfoot Caravan Stabilisation system can extend and retract the legs using the easy touch button operation that operates each legs independently.
Caravans in Australia can come in many different weights, heights and configurations.
When measuring the under “chassis” to the ground clearance it is advised to measure the selected location positions as shown in the diagram below. These location positions are important as they will provide the most travel clearance and departure clearance when in transit.
Most caravans in Australia are built with 4″, 5″ or 6″ RHS chassis rails and can accommodate the direct affixing of our solutions. We recommend drilling through the chassis in most installations. Our stabilisation system provides bolt on style brackets to attach to the pre-drilled chassis rail.
Choosing the Redfoot Stabilisation system is as easy as 1,2,3,4.
Step 1. Determine the size and type of chassis rail. E.g. 6″ or 150 mm RHS
Step 2. Confirm and measure the under chassis to ground clearance as shown in the diagram below. If your measurement is below 450 mm you will be able to install with the minimal clearance as shown in the ‘REDFOOT Electric Leg Jack’ diagram below. At this measurement of 450 mm it will provide approx 100 mm lift in the maximum extension position, using additional levelling pads will improve the lifting height outcome. Levelling pads or blocks must be used on gravel, rocky, muddy and grassy surfaces as you need to allow the foot pad to slide when levelling is in progress. If the measurement is above the 450 mm then the van will not qualify as it too high for the extension legs to work.
Step 3. By reviewing the location positions in the diagram below look at where you could potentially locate the electric jacks. Jacks are to be mounted directly underneath the chassis rails and in some installs you may require slight modifications.
Step 4. Now compile your results from steps 1, 2 and 3 and confirm the results as qualified. Contact us if you require if you have any further questions.
Investing in a Redfoot Caravan Stabilisation system will bring years of added enjoyment and improved lifestyle with your Caravan. The system prices are set out above and include freight to most Australian destinations.The Redfoot systems are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. This ensures every system is well protected during shipping.
The Redfoot systems can be DIY installed provided there is a good level of mechanical skills available, and access to a mechanical workshop with suitable hoists. We provide a comprehensive installation manual.
We recommend the installation is done by one of our approved installers. Not all installations are the same so a solid level of mechanical knowledge is required. Installation costs range from $1,000 at the low end and up to $1,500 at the high end. The reason they have a range is firstly because different installer have different cost structures, e.g. Sydney costs rent versus say more country areas where costs can be lower. Secondly, not all installations are the same. For example the location of leg mounting points and existing water tanks etc.. Best thing is to talk with your installer about the installation cost.
Redfoot Electric Caravan Levelling
Have a Question
Call us on 07 3286 1199. We are here for you and can assist in any way possible.